Why do we use infoboxes?
- What is an infobox?
- It’s a collection of fact sheets designed to show a summary of a specific topic
- They are very useful; infoboxes present facts that can be read easily
- Infoboxes are part of the wiki culture
- What is the problem with the current infoboxes?
- Most devices won’t show infoboxes properly
- We need tools that help us build, personalize, and use infoboxes in articles
- What can we do to understand content better?
- Validate both content and formatting
- Explain and leverage the value of infoboxes
- Use auto generated galleries and tables based on infobox values
- When different devices display infoboxes correctly, it’s easier to show them across channels
Our goals for the future
- Make sure that infoboxes are easy to create
- Make sure that infoboxes look the same in every page
- New tagging of infoboxes
- We want to create something that is easily understood by people and devices
- Inspired in galleries, we created a variety of tags to make infoboxes more consistent
- Tags with 70% less code
- Infobox migration
- A tool for migrating infoboxes
- "Infobox Builder" - still in its initial stage; will make infoboxes easier to create in the future
- Next step: have several images in an infobox
- Different looks for desktop and mobile